Website Government of Canada
Statistics Canada is a world-renowned leader in its domain, and its employees are proud to fulfill its mission: to serve Canada with high-quality statistical information that matters. We want to help Canadians better understand their country, so they can make more thoughtful decisions. The advantages of a strong workplace cannot be understated. Diverse. Accommodating. Nurturing. Rewarding. For employees to reach their full potential, a workplace MUST meet all of these criteria. Our success lies with a dynamic workforce that strives for excellence and innovation. We are proud to provide a healthy, respectful and supportive work environment for all employees and offer opportunities to develop and acquire new skills.
- Plans and coordinates projects for Conference Centre audio-visual specifications and related requirements including the scope, logistics, and technical details involved in the conference centre’s physical setup in Statistics Canada’s three conference centres.
- Provide subject matter technical expertise to define statements of requirement or specification of goods to acquire departmental multimedia and audio visual purchases, repairs and operations.
- Provide departmental wide multimedia services using the studio facilities to film and edit video using a non-linear computer based system.
- Plans and develops a video production service, including operational procedures, practices and coordinates support of all stages of the production process from pre-production, production and post-production.
- Candidates may be required to meet the asset qualifications or the organizational needs, depending on the requirements of the specific position being staffed. Other qualifications may be taken into consideration in the selection decision.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Due to possible exposure to asbestos the employee must be willing and able to wear prescribed personal protective equipment when required, and maintain job related personal safety equipment throughout their time in this position.
- Your responses to screening questions may be used to assess the Ability to communicate effectively in writing.
- English essential
- Ability to attain the asbestos containing material certification (ACM level II certification) and maintain this certification through the time in the position’.
- French essential
- Our intention is to communicate with candidates via email. Candidates should check their emails regularly, as there may be new communications regarding this process. Candidates must include a valid email address, and make sure that this address is functional and accepts messages from unknown users.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in installing, setting up and repairing multimedia and audio visual equipment.
- Experience in providing client services
- Experience in multimedia services including non-linear video editing, video camera configuration and setup, multi-camera configurations and operations (Studio and Broadcasting work).
- Experience in scheduling resources (human, physical and logistical) to meet objectives and provide services.
Company: Government of Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A