Website Government of Canada
Our role is to investigate activities suspected of constituting threats to the security of Canada and to take measures to reduce these threats in accordance with well-defined legal requirements and Ministerial Direction.
- Prepare, convoke and conduct rigorous interviews with references in order to shed light on elements that may raise security concerns, in support of the security assessments for CSIS.
- Prepare interview reports with rigour, relevance and accuracy in a timely manner. The reports must be precise, complete and concise.
- Conduct security screening investigations and interviews of CSIS applicants for employment as well as for other branches of government, in accordance with the instructions of Security Screening Branch, National Headquarters (NHQ) according to established standards and procedures.
- Consult and follow relevant CSIS and Treasury Board Secretariat (TBS) policies and guidelines.
- Research, analyze, assess, and corroborate relevant information. Work with the appropriate section within CSIS when there is a link to an active investigation, and collaborate with the section in the preparation and conduct of interviews.
- Specialized courses obtained in relation to advanced interviewing skills, especially in an intelligence or security capacity
- College diploma and four (4) years of experience
- Organizational skills/multitasking
- Undergraduate degree and two (2) years of experience
- Analytical skills
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience working in areas related to intelligence or security matters
- Experience in conducting interviews* for assessment purposes and for the purpose of making recommendations; and/or, experience in investigations for assessment purposes and for the purpose of making recommendations.
- Experience in the production of detailed reports and formulation of recommendations.
- Experience in conducting interviews in an intelligence or security capacity
Company: Government of Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A