Website Government of Canada
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
- Communication for this process will only be sent via email. As the applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure accurate contact information is provided and that you inform our office via email of any updates as required. Ensure you include an email address you can access from home and that it accepts email from unknown users. You are strongly encouraged to check your email on a regular basis, including your junk mail folder.
- Please note that stating that the requirement has been met, and/or listing past or current responsibilities, does not represent adequate substantiation. Rather, you must provide concrete examples that clearly illustrate how you meet the requirement. Résumés may be used as a secondary source to validate the qualifications described; comments such as “refer to my attached resume” will not be accepted and may result in your application being rejected.
- Throughout the selection process, it is your responsibility to make yourself available for all testing and interview dates for which you are invited. If you fail to attend any of the scheduled testing or interview sessions, you will be deemed to be no longer interested in this selection process and as a result, you will not be considered further.
- Enhanced reliability status security clearance. All applicants for positions within the Royal Canadian Mounted Police will be subject to a thorough security clearance process which includes an interview wherein questions may include (but not limited to), reference checks, previous employment, on-line activities, credit checks, alcohol and/or drug use.
- This selection process may be used to fill the same or similar positions at equivalent or lower classifications on a casual, term, indeterminate or acting at full or part-time hours.
- Proof of your education will be requested and must be provided during the selection process, in order to verify that candidates meet the education requirement. Candidates are required to provide the ORIGINAL education document and a copy. Candidates who are unable to provide proof that they meet this essential qualification as requested may be eliminated from the process.
- Candidates must clearly demonstrate in the screening questionnaire how they meet the education and experience criteria listed in the Essential Qualifications and Asset Qualifications if applicable.
- Please note: You must provide ORIGINAL proof of name change if the name identified on your education document(s) is different than your current legal name.
- The employer-approved alternatives to two years of secondary school are an acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Should a CM be found qualified and selected for appointment, the appointment will not result in a change of status to another category for the member. Notification regarding the CM appointment will be sent to all applicable candidates who are within the area of selection and participated in the advertised process.
- Currently we have one indeterminate part time vacancy at the CR -05 group and level (5 days per week for a total of 25 hours).
- A qualified pool of candidates may be established to staff this and other similar positions, at the CR-05 group and level for term, indeterminate or acting at full or part-time hours or lower level positions.
- Willing and able to work in a busy police environment, including exposure to unsettling and/or graphic material.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally.
- Ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing.
- Willingness and ability to work overtime as required.
- Willingness and ability to travel for work and/or training purposes using various modes of transportation.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience transcribing documents from voice recorders, digital media or handwritten statements/reports.
- Experience using law enforcement databases such as Police Reporting and Occurrence System (PROS) or Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC).
- Experience providing financial support services such as budgeting, collecting and recording of monies received and spent, verifying and payment of invoices, reconciliation of financial statements and purchase of office supplies.
- Experience working in a law enforcement and/or legal environment.
Company: Government of Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Flowers Cove, Newfoundland and Labrador, CA
Application Deadline: N/A