Website Government of Canada
The Chief Audit Executive is accountable for providing corporate leadership and direction to the Councils’ shared internal audit function. This includes directing the design, development, implementation and oversight of a comprehensive audit framework, infrastructure and supporting policies. It also includes providing authoritative, objective assessments and advice to the Presidents, Council Audit Committees and senior management with respect to the design, efficiency and effectiveness of management practices and control systems to support the achievement of NSERC and SSHRC’s comptrollership and results-based management objectives in the delivery of their respective mandates, priorities, goals and objectives.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Collaborate with Partners and Stakeholders
- We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from women, members of a visible minority group, Indigenous Peoples and persons with disabilities.
- Acknowledgment of receipt of applications will be sent. Only those selected for an exam/interview will be contacted.
- Knowledge of the Federal Internal Audit Policy and Directive
- Mobilize People
- Achieve Results
- Knowledge of NSERC’s & SSHRC’s legal context, obligations and operations
- Promote Innovation and Guide Change
- Uphold Integrity and Respect
- Create Vision and Strategy
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in managing financial resources;
- Significant experience in providing advice and support to a team of auditors or consultants;
- Experience in audit of programs of grants and contributions supporting R&D is an asset;
- Experience in managing human resources;
- A bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with specialization in accounting, economics, sociology, statistics, evaluation, or social research methods
- Professional accounting designation (CPA) or
- Extensive experience in developing audit plans and overseeing the conduct of internal audits consistent with the Federal Government’s Internal Audit Policy Suite;
- Professional internal audit designation (CIA, CISA) or
- Significant experience in briefing senior management on critical factors for decision-making;
- Significant experience in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with internal or external stakeholders;
- Experience in the use of specialized internal audit techniques, both qualitative and quantitative is an asset;
- Experience in assessing evidence and drawing conclusions for assurance purposes is an asset.
Company: Government of Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A