Website Government of Canada
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
- Applicants can create a profile and a resume that can be used when applying for other processes without having to recreate a new application each time.
- Applicants can modify their application/resume at any time BEFORE the closing date indicated on the job advertisement.
- Applicants can verify the status of their applications, at any time.
- Applicants can be notified electronically of tests or interviews and results.
- For some jobs, applicants will find important information, namely the job questionnaire and a complete statement of merit criteria that are only available when applying on-line.
- Exercises sound judgement.
- Knowledge of the Agency’s built assets and their role in relation to the Agency’s corporate priorities, mandate and objectives.
- Communicates effectively in context of small and large groups.
- Knowledge of principles and best practices associated with asset and project management.
- Takes responsibility.
- Ability to analyse and synthesize complex information including technical drawings and specifications.
- Ability to create a healthy and strong team environment.
- Makes things happen.
- Ability to develop creative solutions, where gaps exist in our asset program delivery.
- Ability to successfully coordinate multiple projects and prioritize multiple concurrent issues.
- Willingness to wear a Parks Canada uniform and abide by uniform policy.
- Willingness to wear personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Willingness to work and/or travel in varied terrain, weather conditions, isolated locations and by various means of transportation.
- Willingness to work irregular hours, shift work, overtime, weekends and/or statutory holidays and provincial/territorial holidays, when required.
- Willingness to obtain certification in the operation of various forms of ground transportation (e.g. all-terrain vehicles) and marine transportation (motorized and non-motorized vessels) as required.
Qualification & Experience:
- Significant is defined as depth and breadth normally gained over three (3) Year
- Significant* experience in the management of built assets such as (but not limited to): public (visitor) facilities, residential housing, barns, trails, roads, and onsite water and wastewater systems typically found in a residential, rural settings and offices.
- Significant* experience in the management of financial resources.
- Experience in the management of human financial resources, specifically supervision of staff.
- Significant* experience meeting and working with various stakeholders, and presenting and explaining projects and planned work.
- Significant* experience in the analysis of technical reports, identifying critical issues and preparing annual work plans and budget forecasts.
Company: Government of Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Scarborough, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A