Website Government of Canada
As the Outreach and Education Officer III within the External Relations team in the Mount Revelstoke and Glacier Field Unit, you will have the lead role in developing and implementing field unit public outreach education programs, products and events to increase Canadians’ understanding and appreciation, and to encourage support and engagement with respect to the natural and cultural heritage places managed by Parks Canada. Through your creativity and initiative, you will work to connect with a variety of audiences including young urban Canadians, urban families and new Canadians, reaching them in their daily lives through interactions at local/regional special events and through interactive video mediums.
- Experience what it’s like to live and work with two national parks on your doorstep. Mount Revelstoke and Glacier national parks are known for their vibrant wildflower displays in the summer and abundance of snow during the winter, perfect for enjoying some time on the slopes!
- Here at Mount Revelstoke and Glacier, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. Diverse teams bring different perspectives and creative ideas that benefit visitors, the communities we serve and all of us as colleagues. Respect, teamwork, cooperation and innovation guide the work of Mount Revelstoke and Glacier’s small External Relations team.
- This position is located in Revelstoke, BC, and may consist of a combination of telework and work in the Parks Canada Revelstoke Administration Office.
Become a part of our dynamic team today!
- Willingness to work irregular hours, overtime, weekends and/or statutory holidays and provincial/territorial holidays, when required;
- Sound judgement
- Knowledge of natural and cultural resource management issues.
- Willingness to wear a Parks Canada uniform when required;
- Ability to prioritize workload, multitask and meet deadlines;
- Ability to provide strategic analysis and advice to management and staff at operational or policy levels;
- Willingness to travel extensively, including overnight, off-site and/or weekends.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and trends in public outreach education
- Knowledge of Parks Canada, its mandate, objectives, and programs
- Willingness to work and/or travel in varied terrain, weather conditions, isolated locations and by various means of transportation;
- Ability to assess target audiences’ needs and interests to support the planning and development of public outreach education programs and initiatives;
- Makes things happen
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
- Personally connects with people
- Takes responsibility
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience writing communications products, such as posters, brochures, news releases, media lines and/or background material.
- Experience in the planning, research, development, delivery, and evaluation of public outreach education programs, stakeholder engagement, and/or special events.
- Experience working within a multidisciplinary team environment
- Experience maintaining collaborations with networks, stakeholders, and/or partners
Company: Government of Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Revelstoke, BC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A