Website Government of Canada
The Digital Communications Advisor works as part of a team responsible for the management and ongoing development of the CSIS websites (intranet and Canada.ca).
- Collaborate with colleagues on committees/workgroups/meetings by advising on web issues and by evaluating and commenting on proposals.
- Create, design and maintain all aspects/functions of the CSIS websites to ensure they meet the Service’s communications objectives and standards.
- Administer and coordinate posting of files prepared by employees and ensure that the CSIS websites conform to CSIS guidelines, government requirements on security, privacy, accessibility, official languages, and common look and feel standards.
- Research and advise on web technology and digital publishing, upgrades, purchases and other web-related tools.
- Monitor usage of the CSIS websites and prepare regular reports.
- Create links between CSIS and other government and security related sites.
- Act as client contact and interface regarding the Service’s web issues.
- Experience using web content management systems, including and not limited to HTML, Drupal and SharePoint.
- Experience using applications such as the Adobe Creative Suite for development of web-based material.
- Candidates must clearly demonstrate they meet all the basic requirements (education and experience) at the time of their application in their cover letter, using concrete examples. Failure to do so will result in the applicant being screened out of the process.
- Experience developing and implementing enterprise information architectures, taxonomies and web publishing workflows.
- Experience in managing web projects for a large organization, including providing advice to managers and clients on the performance of digital communications activities.
- A competency-based interview, a written exam and reference check may be administered to retained applicants. To know more about our process, please visit: Job Requirements- Canada.ca.
- While we continue to explore opportunities for flexible work arrangements, the majority of work in our organization must be done in the office and cannot be performed at home.
- Experience in coding, migrating and designing web content while applying the Canada.ca Content Style Guide.
Company: Government of Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A