Website Government of Canada
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
- Visitor Services Attendants provide information and revenue collection at entrance gateways, visitor centres, campgrounds, kiosks and on park and historic site grounds.
- They also provide shuttle services, interpretation and minor cleaning to enhance the visitor experience.
- Visitor Facilities Attendants provide cleaning and sanitation services in Parks Canada buildings and facilities including campground centers and kiosks, washroom and shower buildings, and at campsites.
- They will perform minor maintenance tasks, grounds keeping duties such as litter picking and raking.
- Other tasks include sweeping, mopping, dusting, removing garbage and recycling, hauling firewood and operating small equipment (e.g. leaf blower)
- The immediate need is to fill multiple term vacancies starting early summer 2022.
- This process may be used to create a list of qualified candidates to staff similar positions with various tenures, security levels or linguistic requirements in same or other parts of the country.
- Conduct repetitive tasks
- Be exposed to potential minor injury when performing cleaning and maintenance activities (e.g., falls from ladders, irritations from cleaning products, minor cuts and bruises)
- Knowledge of how to read and follow instructions for the use of cleaning products
- Knowledge of cash handling practices including preparing deposits
- Knowledge of Mount Revelstoke & Glacier National parks and surrounding areas
- Lift supplies, boxes, tools and equipment such as buckets
- Demonstrates integrity
- Personally connects with people (GS-MPS-04)
- Ability to take initiative, dealing with situations proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures
- Strives for excellence
- Takes responsibility
- Exercise sound judgement
- Stand, bend, stretch and work from ladders
- Make moderate physical efforts, including standing and sitting for prolonged periods of time
- Be exposed to noxious odors from cleaning products
- Ability to communicate effectively orally
- Ability to identify problems and troubleshoot to find solutions
- Ability to provide service excellence to internal and external clients
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience providing information and service to the public, including complaint resolution
- Experience in maintaining / restocking supplies
- Experience in providing cleaning services in a commercial or institutional environment
- Experience in performing minor maintenance tasks (e.g. replacing light bulbs, tightening door handles and hinges)
- Experience in handling cash and operating point of sales
Company: Government of Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montana, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A