Website Government of Canada
As a Senior Java Developer, you will use your exceptional development skills to build innovative and sustainable solutions that will contribute to our Payments Modernization initiative. You will be working within our Banking Operations organization that is comprised of highly functional teams focused on rapid delivery of value to financial institutes in Canada and around the world.
- As a Senior Java Developer, you will use your exceptional development skills to build innovative and sustainable solutions that will contribute to our Payments Modernization initiative.
- You will be working within our Banking Operations organization that is comprised of highly functional teams focused on rapid delivery of value to financial institutes in Canada and around the world.
- As a Senior Java Developer, you will work in a collaborative environment and will have opportunities to think outside the box.
- You will work on a variety of platforms at varying heights in the web stack, exhibit seasoned development techniques, and provide guidance and mentorship to aspiring developers on the team
- Language requirement: English or French essential
- Priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents
- Apache Commons library, Drools (or equivalent rules engine), Java EE deployment, log4j, Jenkins, Git, GitHUB, JIRA and DevOPS tools.
- Java 8 knowledge & development, experience in Object Oriented design and development.
- Test Driven Development (TDD) and tools such as Junit and Mockito and Arquillian testing framework.
- Spring Core, Spring MVC, Spring Integration, Spring Security and Bean Validation.
- Java JPA & ORMs such as Hibernate and EclipseLink;
- WebLogic server development and configuration; web server configuration.
- Hands-on experience analyzing and optimizing code and performance tuning across application layers.
- Hands-on experience providing production support of a critical application in a highly available
- JEE application development (EJB, Servlet, JDBC, JMS, JMX, JTA, JCA or JAXB).
- In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and further to public health guidelines, preventative measures are being taken to ensure health and safety during the recruitment process. All interviews are conducted virtually.
- Security level required: Secret
- Please save a copy of the job poster. Once the closing date has passed, it will no longer be available.
- The official title for this position is “Senior Developer”
Qualification & Experience:
- Strong relational database skills (SQL), including experience with writing stored procedures and PL/SQL using tools such as SQL Plus / SQL Developer.
- The position requires a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science with 5 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Company: Government of Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A