The Cloud Architect works closely with Data Engineers, Data Architects, Senior Software Developers, Security & Operations Analysts, and support roles to help ensure that GoodLife’s technology platform is architected, deployed, managed, and monitored to industry standard best practices. As an experienced technical leader, you are responsible for providing direction to teams and leading the change towards a continuous delivery model. The Cloud Architect is required to learn, research, pilot and recommend new tools and technologies that can be leveraged to improve the team’s efficiency, quality, and efficacy. The Cloud Architect is responsible for facilitating improved coordination between Security & Operations and development by streamlining integration and deployment processes.
- Proactively monitors the cloud environment and takes preventative measures to avoid system outages or possible resource constraints.
- Supports administrative functions for GoodLife’s Azure public cloud infrastructure, including Virtual Machines, networking, Azure App Services, and AD.
- Provides support for cloud environment, infrastructure/system issues; collaborates with additional support roles as needed.
- Provisions new services in the Azure public cloud while complying with GoodLife’s availability and disaster recovery strategies and policies.
- Acts as adviser or coach to software developers. Provides mentorship and leadership to the development team, motivating team members with a positive energy and influential attitude.
- Leads the definition and development of cloud reference architecture and management systems.
- Architects, provisions, and operationalizes enterprise cloud system infrastructure that meets business requirements and promotes reliability, scalability, and performance.
- Defines and builds technical documentation for security architectures, configuration management definitions, and operational readiness plans.
- Experience with container platforms (preferably Kubernetes and/or Docker), with monitoring tools (such as Dynatrace, New Relic), and with MS DevOps technology.
- Proven communication skills; can interface with all levels of the company.
- Experience throughout the entire software development life cycle (SDLC) in an Agile environment.
- Significant experience in a DevOps environment; able to drive solutions in Containerization & CI/CD.
- Skilled in many of these technologies: Azure, .NET Core, C#, Java, SQL Server databases, REST, and/or SQL program languages.
- Committed to contributing to a culture that celebrates diversity, equity and inclusion and embraces social and environmental responsibility
- 5+ years of experience in software development and/or infrastructure management with a minimum of 3 years of experience working with
- Azure cloud environments and 2+ years of database experience (Microsoft SQL).
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting .NET applications.
- Deep understanding of API development & design, information architectures, and microservices.
- Extensive experience in Azure IaaS and PaaS.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Mississauga, CA
Application Deadline: N/A