Website Government of Canada
The Bank of Canada is currently seeking an Office 365 Operations Support and Administrator to join the Cloud Services, Collaboration Tools team in the Information Technology Services Department. This team is responsible for the ongoing evolution and support of the Bank’s suite of digital end user Collaboration tools.
You will participate in the evaluation, evolution, and delivery of new Collaboration technologies at the Bank, with a key focus on enhancing Bank staff’s user experience, in alignment with the Bank’s hybrid work strategy, by supporting digital collaboration tools that ensure an inclusive experience for all users regardless of their physical location.
- research new technologies on the market and provide recommendations
- take personal accountability and responsibility for the delivery of new digital end user collaboration tools throughout the product life cycle, adding technical know-how, creativity and a seasoned perspective to initiatives and teams
- work with key stakeholders including Security, Legal, Privacy and Information Management to help evolve Bank policies in support to the Digital Workplace Strategy
- ensure strong security controls and features through the implementation and support of various security technologies (e.g. Microsoft Defender for Office 365, DLP, Safe Links, Enhanced Filtering, Anti-Phishing policies, Email filtering, etc.)
- analyze the current solutions environment and operational support models to identify opportunities for improvement
- provide day-to-day tier 2 support in problem management, integration, and systems maintenance of the Bank’s Office 365 tenant
- identify opportunities to automate business processes and contribute to the automation of various service delivery items
- maintain up-to-date knowledge in digital collaboration technologies including Office 365, and other leading 3rd party providers of productivity and collaboration tools.
- ensure performance and availability meet organizational SLAs and objectives through active monitoring and timely service restoration, including maintenance/administration, troubleshooting, root cause analysis and diagnostics
- build strong vendor relationships and coordinate escalations with them where required.
- work with Solution Architects to design, test and build solutions to integrate properly in the Bank’s technology ecosystem
- help in the evolution, delivery and on-going operational support of the Bank’s suite of digital collaboration tools, including Microsoft’s Office 365 services (Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Teams, OneDrive, Stream, Delve, Viva, etc.),
- Experience of integrating Microsoft Office 365 technologies with various security capabilities including Defender 365, mail gateways, Conditional Access, multi-factor authentication and encryption
- In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and further to public health guidelines, preventative measures are being taken to ensure health and safety during the recruitment process. All interviews are conducted virtually.
- The official title for this position is “Senior Enterprise Messaging & Collaboration Specialist, Collaboration Tools”
- Language requirement: English or French essential
- You demonstrate skills in relation to the implementation of cloud-based digital collaboration tools (i.e. Office 365, Workspace, AWS Collaboration Solutions).
- knowledge and experience with Google’s Workspace suite (Gmail, Calendar, Meet, Chat, Drive, etc.) & Amazon’s AWS Collaboration Solutions (WorkMail, WorkDocs, Realtime, Chime, etc.)
- Priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents
- experience with Microsoft Power Platform
- Demonstrated experience with integration of technologies with various network capabilities including DNS, VPN, proxies, and load balancers
- bachelor’s degree in computer science, software or systems engineering or another related discipline
- Microsoft certifications (e.g. Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert) and/or certifications with other leading vendor platforms including Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud
- exposure to diverse work environments, with a broad understanding of multiple business sectors, hardware and software technologies and IT security
- Security level required: Secret
- Please save a copy of the job poster. Once the closing date has passed, it will no longer be available.
- experience implementing Cloud-based digital Collaboration Tools for Canadian government organizations to support sensitive data (i.e. Protected B data)
Company: Government of Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A