Website Public Service
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
- The application process is streamlined.
- You only need to upload your resume and complete a few screening questions for common essential and asset criteria.
- The remaining education and experience criteria only requires a yes/no response at this time.
- Your responses will allow us to better narrow our search for specific positions across the NML. At the same time, it allows you to apply for a wide-range of positions simultaneously and therefore, it is important to answer the screening questions honestly to better your chances of successfully being matched with meaningful positions.
- The system allows you to refresh your responses on a continued basis as your circumstances change or progress.
- Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple simultaneous tasks.
- Thinking things through
- Willingness and ability to assist, mobilize, or deploy to fulfill operational requirements including outbreak and emergency laboratory responses.
- Showing initiative and being action-oriented
- Ability to troubleshoot laboratory procedures or techniques.
- Demonstrating integrity and respect
- Must be available during core hours.
- Ability to compile data and interpret results.
- Ability to handle diagnostic specimens/samples in a way that is consistent with the degree of risk, maintains the required quality and integrity, maintains their unique identification and their links to relevant records/documentation.
- Willingness and ability to occasionally work overtime.
- Willingness and ability to work with human and animal laboratory specimens.
- Working effectively with others
- Willingness and ability to work with infectious agents and toxic chemicals.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in supervising and training personnel (employees, and/or students).
- Experience in antibody development.
- Experience in providing support for laboratory-related outbreak preparedness and response activities.
- Experience with molecular biological procedures for the detection and or characterization of infectious agents isolated from human or animal specimens.
- Experience performing next generation sequencing.
- Experience in developing and validating new diagnostic assays or research methods.
- Experience with immunological procedures for the detection and or characterization of infectious agents isolated from human or animal specimens.
- Experience working with infectious disease pathogens in in high containment laboratory environments such as Biosafety Level 3 or Biosafety Level 4.
- Experience in working under a laboratory-based quality management system under a formal accreditation framework such as ISO 17025 or CAP.
Company: Public Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, CA
Application Deadline: N/A