Website Government of Canada
Are you ready to join one of the most engaged and committed workforces in the federal public service? Are you a leader with a passion for economic development and the drive to make British Columbia an even greater place to live and work? If so, we want to hear from you. Pacific Economic Development Canada (PacifiCan) is the new federal regional development agency focused on British Columbia’s evolving economy. We are looking for dynamic, client-centered leaders for the role of Director, Community Economic Development in each of our new regional offices in Victoria, Kelowna and Prince George. These are new positions created to play a key role in PacifiCan’s work to support jobs and growth across BC.
- Reporting to the Director General of Economic Development and Investment Strategy, the Director, Community Economic Development will be responsible for: helping local governments, businesses, not-for-profit organizations, First Nations and other groups access federal economic development programs and services within their region; supporting communities in achieving their economic goals; and ultimately working closely with a broad range of stakeholders and partners to advance economic development priorities in BC.
- Using knowledge gained from a wide variety of sources, the Director will play an important role in convening local community, business and other stakeholder leadership to generate local insights to inform federal policy and program decisions and to identify opportunities for collaboration, strategic investments and knowledge transfer to support community economic development.
- As a senior PacifiCan official in the region, the Director will be managing a team of regional staff and be expected to represent PacifiCan and the Government of Canada at regional meetings and events.
- The Director will also have a role in identifying and supporting opportunities for federal communications and stakeholder engagement in the region.
- A trusted federal partner that understands local and regional circumstances and can make linkages within and outside of government to drive strategic investments and joint economic ventures.
- Connect entrepreneurs, economic development organizations and communities with federal programming and services to increase their participation in British Columbia’s economy.
- Provide insights into regional economic issues to inform national policy and program decisions, and contribute to the development of regional engagement strategies and advice to the federal government.
- Guide clients to access PacifiCan’s funding programs to capitalize on
- strategic regional investment opportunities or identify other sources of funding to support economic growth, job creation, improved economic competitiveness and other related objectives.
- Work with an innovative leadership team that is passionate about hiring and developing talent, and achieving results.
- Enjoy a culture of continuous learning and support for your professional development;
- Work with modern tools and technology; and,
- Enjoy travel within the region and flexible work arrangements;
- Work with engaged people who support each other and love the work they do;
- Gain exposure to diverse economic sectors and issues of importance to the future economy;
- Contribute to meaningful work that strengthens the economy and makes a difference in the lives of British Columbians and Canadians;
- Willingness and ability to work overtime.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in advocacy or promoting regional economic interests.
- Experience engaging with underrepresented communities, such as persons with disabilities, youth, members of the LGBTQ2 community, racialized groups, etc.
- Master’s degree in a field related to the duties of the position.
- Experience with decision making processes within the Public Service.
- Depth, breadth and scope in any one or combination of the experience areas.
- Experience engaging with Indigenous communities.
- Experience managing staff remotely or in a matrix environment.
- Experience leading, designing or implementing transformation initiatives.
Company: Government of Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Prince George, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A