Website Eli Lilly
Scientific Experts (SEs) are individuals who are noted for their expertise in a therapeutic area and as a result have special needs for in-depth and cutting – edge information, because they design and implement novel research and educate colleagues and students. The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) program is specifically designed to meet these needs through a field-based group of medical professionals with deep content knowledge about specific disease states, Lilly and competitor compounds and current issues in the therapeutic areas they represent. MSLs recognize and communicate feedback and insights of strategic importance from their interactions with SEs, to better inform Lilly’s strategic direction for research and commercialization. By facilitating scientific exchange between industry and the scientific community, MSLs have the opportunity to shape the future of healthcare by providing needed information that addresses important clinical and scientific questions.
MSLs will be required to engage in continuous learning to maintain the highest level of technical expertise within the therapeutic area they represent. This will enable the MSL to answer deep scientific questions and be sought after by their customers based on peer-credible knowledge and expertise. As a result, the MSL will establish themselves as a reliable, trusted, resource of unbiased, accurate, up-to-date, medical and scientific knowledge requested and desired by their customers .
MSLs will spend the majority of their time field based and customer facing engaging in mutually beneficial 2-way dialogues with SEs. Through the application of emotional intelligence and a deep understanding of their customers, MSLs will act as one of the primary interfaces between Lilly medical and scientific experts to deliver the best – in – class customer experiences. Core to the role is to answer customer questions by providing deep and advanced disease state and product information. Additionally, MSLs connect SEs with other Lilly resources or internal business partners as appropriate and identify possible collaborative research or external collaborations.
- Significant experience in professional networking with mut u ally benefic i al outcomes.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Effective strategic and critical thinking in order to analy z e, assess and evaluate information and interpret impact or relevance to future states.
- Experience in cardiology, particularly treatment of heart failure, strongly desired.
- Experience in field – based working environment highly valued.
- Resiliency in managing complex challenges.
- Learning agility to comprehend and effectively communicate large amounts of complex scientific content in a clear and concise fashion.
- Strongly preferred that candidates live in close proximity to Chicago airports .
- Ability to use virtual engagement, electronic or other communication tools for all aspects of job is critical.
- Advanced presentation and computer skills with expertise in digital engagement and literature identification.
- Familiarity with health systems, academic communities, medical research, and medical education process highly valued.
- Self-directed and able to work alone in the field effectively managing multiple priorities and projects.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills, including high emotional intelligence and the ability to engage in professional relationship building and networking.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor (4 year college) degree in Chemistry/Biology /Microbiology
- 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in a GMP laboratory leadership.
Company: Eli Lilly
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Champaign, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A