We are looking to identify a candidate with experience in development finance, commercial credit analysis, structuring, documentation and transaction management who is committed to the principles of sustainable development. The candidate will be relied upon to understand the customer’s needs, structure solutions which address those needs, assess the credit risk and recommend risk mitigation strategies as appropriate to achieve the optimal balance between development impact and FinDev Canada’s business requirements. The role will work closely with Development Impact and Environmental, Social and Governance specialists to ensure that transactions achieve FinDev Canada’s objectives.
- Independently leads/or advises on proportionate share of complex transactions / customer portfolios
- Determines financial eligibility of customers, borrowers and other counter parties and drafts and/or reviews documents to deliver products Formulates pricing/term strategy reflective of risk and market conditions and contributes to the negotiation strategy
- Actively manages a portfolio of customers / transactions; maintains effective relationships with clients and partners; monitors risks; recommends options for the mitigation of risks and for the optimal support to customers.
- Identifies, creates and develops new business opportunities with both current and potential clients and partners
- Assesses / mitigates transaction risks
- Builds and maintains strong relationships with clients, banking and DFI/multilateral partners to develop high quality, specific business opportunities
- Recommends and/or approves transactions within specified parameters, policies and guidelines
- Guides customer engagement and negotiation strategy
- Bilingualism in both official languages (French and English). However, in the event a qualified bilingual candidate is not found, a qualified unilingual candidate will be considered. Both bilingual and unilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Networking and relationship management skills
- Knowledge of and commitment to sustainable development
- Recent experience structuring/restructuring in commercial lending and equity investments and/or loan portfolio management in developing markets, preferably in the field of corporate finance or private sector development finance, in a DFI a Multilateral Development Bank, or other similar development-focused financial institution
- Minimum 7 years of experience (Investment Officer) 12 years of experience (Lead Investment Officer) in financial services
- Master’s Degree with a specialization in Business / Finance / Accounting, or equivalent
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Montreal, CA
Application Deadline: N/A