As a Technical Director (TD) for Apex Legends Mobile, you will report to the Principal Technical Director and work with internal EA teams, vendors, and our external development partner to bring Apex Legends to market on mobile devices.
- Partner with external developers to set milestones, review progress, and create improvements and changes, yielding improvements to gameplay Goals.
- Be an authority on technology, and a driving presence as part of the mobile leadership team in Respawn.
- Occasionally hands-on in Coding and Testing and Deployment.
- Guide the brainstorming process on the new features and technologies required to support the game and the live service.
- Oversee the core game quality attributes relating to gameplay and performance features for the product.
- Evaluate new technologies and software products to determine feasibility and desirability of incorporating their capabilities within the game.
- Provide technical leadership and lead a technology team that develops technologies in the game.
- You will manage a team of engineers and technical leaders, and provide career management / growth plans.
- You will work with external partners Product Management to gather the requirements to form the core foundation for all of the game’s technologies, both developed in–house and externally.
- You will set technical roadmap and milestone deliverables based on EA’s Game Development Framework.
- Accountable technical leader that owns the technology stack across the Mobile game for development and live service.
- Respawn looks for candidates with experience in all aspects of game technology systems and pipelines.
- Demonstrate mastery of good software engineering practices
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- Always improve product quality and group productivity.
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Mandarin speaking
- Development experience with cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services, Azure.
- Knowledge of UE4.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Engineering (or equivalent experience).
- At least 12 years of software development experience, having shipped at least one mobile game with an online and live service component and high DAU.
- 7+ years of technical leadership experience.
- Experience in multiple programming languages (e.g. C++, Python, Lua, or C#).
- Experience building outstanding mobile applications.
- Experience in all areas of game development (i.e. Gameplay, AI, Cameras, Controls, Rendering, Audio)
- Experience in product and project management.
- Experience developing software / games with external partners / studios.
- Experience working with / within a large team (>100 people.)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fort Worth, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A