Performs organizational level aviation life support system maintenance on aircraft assigned.
- Assist other shop/skills as required.
- Perform related duties in hazardous areas such as oxygen system, engine fire extinguishing systems including the removal and replacement of cartridge-actuated devices.
- Utilize all maintenance manuals, maintenance requirement cards, and work from related schematics, diagrams, drawings, technical directives, maintenance/servicing instructions and operational written procedures.
- Ensure all maintenance actions are performed in accordance with government safety standards.
- Working knowledge of technical publications, NAMP and NALCOMIS aircraft maintenance applications.
- Comply with all current sections of COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2 series applicable to aircraft maintenance and ALSS.
Possess thorough knowledge of flight line operations and procedures.
- Perform related duties as assigned including Collateral Duty Inspector, and any and all duties of lower rated technical personnel within their classification.
- Performs inspections, maintain and repair survival equipment, flight gear and protective clothing, uses, adjusts, maintains and repairs sewing machines.
- Operates, maintains, troubleshoots, removes and replaces associated parts and components on a variety of systems, such as aircraft mounted and aircrew ALSS (survival equipment), cabin environmental systems, equipment cooling, and liquid and gaseous oxygen systems.
- Will instruct and assist lower level employees in proper work methods and performance of their job duties.
- Perform other job related duties as may be assigned.
- Immediate direction of other technicians on assigned tasks with ability to monitor all duties of the applicable classification.
- Perform organization level ALSS maintenance on aircraft assigned under contract to DynCorp, Patuxent River, MD.
- Maintain ALSS (survival equipment) rotatable pool of personal survival equipment, aircrew equipment files and aircraft ALSS history records in the required logs and records.
- May work with other groups of personnel to resolve problems pertaining to ALSS systems.
- Ability to read and interpret data is required.
- Knowledge of equipment related aviation life support.
- Working knowledge of safety rules, regulations and procedures.
- Knowledge of military and/or company forms required by work requirements.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Knowledge of military publications, drawings, blueprints, microfilm, diagrams and schematics is mandatory.
- Ability to obtain a secret security clearance.
- Possess a valid US State driver’s license.
- Ability to obtain a Government flight line driver’s license.
Qualification & Experience:
- Four years actual and recent experience in the repair, modification, maintenance and overhaul of equipment related to aviation life support.
- High School degree or equivalent required.
- Completion of aviation life support related military or commercial course.
- Must obtain appropriate support equipment and/or material handling licensing upon initial unit assignment.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Durham, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A