As a Director, Engineering (DC Production), you will focus on Software Engineering of production WMS systems and lead a group of high-performing teams located at various Distribution Centers nationwide who are passionate about making our Distribution centers better serve our customers. Reporting to the Senior Director, IT Supply Chain, you will responsible for managing all distribution centers IT systems, process improvements, IT production engineering, onsite support teams, root cause chronic issues as well as communicating and collaborating with business partners on a daily basis.
- Lead deployment and post deployment support of large projects with help from project-based engineering teams.
- Drive root cause analysis for production issues and focus on continuous improvement.
- Work with Engineers to follow standard SDLC process and documentation.
- Provide guidance to the application incident management team for faster resolution and managing SLAs.
- Manage Audit requirements, data gathering, enforcing IT audit controls.
- Conduct annual certifications of production systems to meet scalability requirements and business growth.
- Provide technology direction and accountability of all Live-Warehouse systems supporting Sephora Distribution centers across US.
- Software System solution and design for continuous improvements of Logistics and Warehouse Management systems.
- Strong knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems required (JDA, Red Prairie or any top-tier WMS system).
- Strong knowledge of Distribution Center Processes and systems,
- Experience and knowledge of Retail business and Logistics operations required, including a solid understanding of basic operational processes (picking, packing, shipping, cycle counting, etc.).
- Strong development understanding of integration with DC automation systems, Pick-to- light systems, goods-to-person and automatic sortation.
Qualification & Experience:
- 3+ years of experience managing teams.
- 10+ years of retail and system experience managing application development, production systems and application support in a fast-paced environment.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, California, US
Application Deadline: N/A