Website U.S. Department of Education
This position is located in the U.S. Department of Education, Office of Finance and Operations (OFO), Office of Budget Service (OBS), Budget Policy and Coordination Division (BPCD). BPCD is responsible for developing budget policies and procedures and coordinating the Department’s budget process.
As a Budget Analyst, GS-0560-13, you will be responsible for:
- Provides advice to management about the Federal budgetary process and justifies budget before Department of Education (ED) and Office of Management and Budget (OMB) staff and Congress, and responds to ED, OMB, Congressional and other stakeholder inquiries.
- Manages complex functional implementation projects in a multi-project environment, achieving project goals within budget and established time frames.
- Manages multiple budgetary tasks and serve as a liaison throughout the budgetary process by effectively communicating advice and technical assistance to internal and external customers.
- Designs, develops and implements tracking systems and tracks progress of agency budget and appropriations legislation through Congress.
- Background investigation is required.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Males 18 and over must be registered with the Selective Service.
- You may be subject to serve a one-year probationary period.
- Relocation will not be paid.
- Knowledge of budget laws, policies, regulations, and precedents applicable to the budget program and related resources in the area being studied.
- Knowledge of project management principles, methods, techniques and tools for developing, scheduling coordinating, and managing complex multi-faceted projects and resources.
- Ability to manage multiple budgetary tasks and serve as a liaison throughout the budgetary process by effectively communicating advice and technical assistance to internal and external customers.
- Ability to design, develop and implement tracking systems and track progress of agency budget and appropriations legislation through Congress.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in utilizing budget policies, procedures, and regulations to coordinate budget development, justification, and execution activities.
- Experience in coordinating programs or projects, including collaboration with senior level internal external, Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and Congressional stakeholders.
- Experience in performing data analysis (e.g., operational, policy) and has used data to drive process improvements and inform policy and other decision-making processes.
Company: U.S. Department of Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A