Website U.S. Department of Education
This position is located in the Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE), Management and Planning (M&P), Management Support Unit (MSU). The incumbent is responsible for analyzing and advising management on the evaluation of program effectiveness and operations or the productivity and efficiency of management.
As a Supervisory Management and Program Analyst (Director), GS-0343-15, you will be responsible for:
- Provides leadership in coordinating Office of Postsecondary Educations (OPE) strategic planning efforts that integrate policy planning, operations analysis, budget and resource planning, service delivery, data modernization and customer information.
- Works with program divisions to develop appropriate measures for OPE’s annual performance plan.
- Reviews existing management and workflow practices/processes and establishes and formulates innovative approaches to the management of the office and its work processes.
- Coordinates the review and approval of internal audit findings from the Government Accountability Office (GAO) and the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) that are assigned to OPE for resolution.
- Serves as advisor to senior staff on alternative means of meeting program requirements, assessing life cycle costs, economic impact and the timing of alternative program efforts.
- Relocation will not be paid.
- You may be subject to serve a one-year supervisory probationary period.
- Males 18 and over must be registered with the Selective Service.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must complete a Background Investigation and Fingerprint check.
- Knowledge sufficient to exert extraordinary influence on governmental policies, priorities, and activities.
- Knowledge of data system development and usage to generate and analyze new evaluation and measurement approaches.
- Knowledge of organization and system processes to resolve long-standing problems, balance conflicting program interests and depart from previous approaches.
- Ability to use a wide range of qualitative and quantitative techniques for measuring effectiveness, efficiency and productivity of programs.
- Knowledge of program management, evaluation principles, concepts and techniques.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience collaborating with senior leaders and managing workforce planning with a focus on succession planning, up-skilling an organization, and the development of a culture of innovation and equity.
- Experience in applying analytical and quantitative methods and techniques in evaluating current processes and/or developing new procedures and approaches to identify and resolve significant organizational and business-related issues/problems
- Experience facilitating the development of communication, employee engagement and satisfaction strategies to include the ability to analyze relevant qualitative data to devise a substantive approach in enhancing employees’ work experience.
Company: U.S. Department of Education
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A