Website Drug Enforcement Administration
The Diversion Investigator position is a core series position within the DEA. Diversion Investigators enforce the Controlled Substances Act (CSA) and the Chemical Diversion and Trafficking Act (CDTA) regarding the manufacture, distribution and dispensing of legally produced controlled substances and listed chemicals in order to prevent diversion of controlled substances and listed chemicals into the illicit market, while ensuring an adequate, uninterrupted supply of pharmaceutical controlled substances and listed chemicals to meet the legitimate medical, commercial and scientific needs of the public.
- Ability to perform investigative work
- Ability to gather data from multiple sources
- Ability to research and analyze data
- Ability to identify significant factors related to investigative work
- Ability to evaluate information and develop solutions
- Skill in interpreting regulations, rules and laws
- Diversion Investigators are subject reassignment to any location in the United States depending on the needs of the DEA. All applicants must be available for relocation throughout their career with DEA and will be required to sign a statement to this effect when accepting an offer of employment.
- Diversion investigators perform demanding jobs and must meet certain medical and physical requirements to ensure they are able to perform all the duties of the job. Applicants will be required to obtain a qualifying medical examination to determine physical and mental fitness and must be free of any impairment that would interfere with normal work performance.
- Distance vision should be 20/40 (uncorrected or corrected with glasses or contact lenses). Near vision should be 20/25 and must be sufficient to read Jaegar Type #2 at 14 inches (glasses or contact lenses permitted). Depth perception and ability to distinguish shades of color (color plate test) are essential.
Company: Drug Enforcement Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hagerstown, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A