Responsible for the total performance of the body shop production. Accountable for department performance and quality assurance. Direct body in white production and ensures cost effectiveness and consistency with prescribed quality, accuracy, and performance standards. Takes ownership & responsibility by insuring volume and costs goals, high quality standards are met, while providing a safe working environment for all employees Responsible to manage and develop the strategy for all Assembly operations to assure that company products, processes and procedures meet corporate standards, while meeting all compliance regulations. Ensures communication through shop floor meeting to managers and Group leaders to continue through cascading meetings to shop floor employees.
- Assesses new deigns and impact on production process, quality, quantity, efficiency, and resources; Develops production layout
- Responsible for employee development and qualification
- Considers and ensures compliance of product-specific and plant-specific environmental concerns and government
- Reports on production progress and defines maintenance and repair activities
- Contributes to the planning and implementation of new work processes to increase productivity; provides suggestions and input to improve production process, productivity, and quality
- Develops, tests, and implements measures to improve production processes; works closely with maintenance department
- Will perform other duties as assigned
- 1-2 Engineers possible and 2-3 Group leaders as direct reports, 150-200 indirect reports; Leads employees in line with organizational culture, values and guidelines; defines performance goals, conducts performance reviews; effectively communicates and engages employees to meet objectives
- Participates in regularly scheduled team meetings
- Ensures continued improvement processes it increase productivity and improvement of quality standards; documents results and aligns with other departments
- Defines cost targets, documents and monitors achievement, and if necessary implement corrective measures
- Ensures compliance with relevant regulations, directives, and work agreements
- Will be responsible to plan, maintain, and meet department budgets; Manages budget and personnel allocation efficiently.
- Conveys budget distribution and cost saving processes to colleagues.
- Controls and monitors production processes to ensure achievement of production plan in line with productivity objectives; coordinates production process and flow across departments; identifies issues and bottlenecks
Qualification & Experience:
- Must have excellent knowledge in LEAN manufacturing and how to apply it in a modern work environment
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in an intercultural, fast paced, changing, and growing environment
- Qualified candidate must have extensive knowledge in body and welding applications using state of the art automated and robotic equipment
- Bachelor’s degree. Minimum of 5-8 years of experience vehicle manufacturing and body shop
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Myrtle Beach, SC, US
Application Deadline: N/A