The Senior Business Analyst leads key activities including eliciting, analysing, validating and documenting business, organizational and/or IT operational requirements and related business rules to determine best solutions to client business needs, plans and objectives.
- Conduct business analysis and research to determine the integration of the evolving business requirements that will fulfill user needs and increase the efficiency and efficacy of the programs.
- Develop and establish partnerships with lines of business in order to become fully knowledgeable with their business support systems, issues and processes. Identify current and future needs and develop business plans and strategies for their implementation.
- Facilitate Business Case teams to fully document such cases and to obtain approval and funding by developing cost/benefit analysis, assisting clients to identify measurable objectives and benefits, researching documents and options, conducting return on investment studies and discussing operational and technical requirements with clients and senior management.
- Support project initiatives that ensure maximum utilization of resources by developing, organizing and maintaining work plans and by controlling budgetary expenditures.
- Conduct research, analysis and testing of new business solutions for possible use by clients by evaluating new products for their potential to address business requirements, by reading the trade press, attending conferences and seminars and meeting with manufacturers and service providers.
- Develop plans, objectives and time frames for preparing business cases in collaboration with business clients by documenting client requirements, leading development of optimized business process flow, validating the process, validating / simulating the process and defining high-level solution options.
- Assess the effectiveness of the current programs; investigate and propose solutions by identifying current and future opportunities, developing business plans and strategies for implementation, seeking opportunities to work in collaboration and partnership with other departmental organizations.
- Four (4) years of experience as a Business Analyst working with Information Technology business users to gather and document various types and levels of business needs and user requirements (such as rationale, scope, functional and non-functional requirements).
- Three (3) years of experience in the development, implementation and validation of business procedures
- Three (3) years of experience performing Business Analysis activities on Enterprise-wide business solutions.
- Experience providing analysis, advice, and recommendations related to the implementation of new technologies or applications;
- Experience working with Agile methodology; and
- Experience working with BPMN methodology;
- Experience working with the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC);
- Three (3) years of experience in analyzing requirements, developing recommendations and presenting to management and/or clients for the development of business solutions.
- Experience preparing written communications for technical & non-technical stakeholders at various levels.
- Experience working with BABOK methodology;
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A