- Reconciling and analyzing financial data to supporting documents or other internal or external systems to ensure the integrity of data in the organization’s financial system.
- Supervising the activities of a team of employees by setting annual work objectives, coordinating and prioritizing how the activities to complete objectives, and providing continued feedback on performance. Overseeing the payments functions, including approving payments.
- Supporting the management of the delegation of financial signing authorities by administering various aspects of the internal controls system over these authorities.
- Coordinating efforts around the quality assurance function for the integrity of financial data to be entered into the organization’s financial system.
- Analyzing financial data and incorporating the analysis into reports to support management decision-making process.
- Supporting the maintenance of the organization’s financial system by performing routine system maintenance functions and coordinating problem resolution in respect to these systems.
- Providing guidance and instruction to employees in carrying out their financial management functions.
- application of financial policies
- Communication – Transmits information in a way that the message is understandable to the target audience, including virtual communication stemming from new workplace realities such as telework.
- Adaptability – Constructively adapts one’s style in the face of ambiguity, uncertainty and risk. Approaches new situations with an open mind, versatility and agility.
- using EXCEL for the creation of tables, pivot tables, graphs and charts
- accounting operations
- Possess a Government of Canada Financial Management Certificate and two (2) years of experience obtained within the last seven (7) years.
- Results driven – Delivers well-informed, effective solutions or options that are innovative and based on due diligence. Is savvy, able to think critically and solve problems to deliver well-informed advice and strategies for results.
- Strategic lens – Aligns responsibilities with organizational priorities to reflect the strategic direction of the Public Service and position the sector and/or the organization for effective results.
- providing advice to clients, managers and/or employees
- Undergraduate degree with a specialization in accounting, finance, business administration, commerce or economics and up to one (1) year of experience;
- using a financial system
- Collaboration – Aware of and responsive to the needs of stakeholders (client, colleagues, management) and environmental context.
- Two (2) years of a post secondary program (college or university) in accounting, finance, business administration, commerce or economics with two to four (2-4) years of recent work experience related to these fields.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A