- Applies expertise in pedagogy and e-learning to advise the team on the creation of effective learning outcomes, teaching strategies, learning activities and tasks, and assessment strategies;
- Continually monitor research in teaching and learning, and online learning in particular, to inform/refine evidence-based practices related to course design and delivery;
- Support and share knowledge with team members;
- Participate in the development cycle of new and enhanced informatics systems and projects by providing evaluation, software/equipment testing, validation and recommendations for configuration changes/improvements;
- Design and deliver presentations on topics of expertise to course participants by ensuring course design and course delivery adhere to appropriate policies and procedures of the Service;
- Manage and lead concurrent training projects to ensure effective scheduling, coordination and monitoring of all project activities by establishing work plans, overseeing, assigning tasks and checking/verifying work of others;
- Provide feedback to team members.
- Support CSIS employees in solving informatics, operational and tactical problems;
- Provide assistance and support for problem resolution of IT related issues by analyzing issues, finding alternatives, determining and implementing solutions for the problems raised;
- Analyze, plan and conduct training needs analysis for branches and identify performance solutions by liaising with technical resources (internal and external) and client communities;
- Assess, evaluate and validate the effectiveness of training programs based on employees’ requirements, evaluations, feedback provided by Learning & Development resources, course participants and implement changes to course content;
- Train course participants (via virtual or in-person) through formalized or customized training programs on the operation of essential automated systems and equipment; assess course performance and recommend corrective course of action to Management and implement recommendations;
- Develop, design and elaborate scope of training, course objectives, course training standards, lesson plans, instructional strategies, teaching aids, practical exercises, evaluations and reference material as per the CSIS Instructional Design Standards;
- One of the following professional designations: Certified Training Practitioner (CTP) or Certified Training and Development Professional (CTDP) or other certifications/training in the field of Education/Adult Learning/Training;
- Experience delivering virtual training and/or managing virtual learning platforms.
- Strong data literacy.
- Teaching experience using a variety of modes of delivery (video, web-based, etc.) and methodologies;
- Experience working with various software programs and learning about new technology;
- Experience conducting research and analysis to make recommendations.
- Experience in managing projects or sub-projects;
- Experience in the analysis, design, development and delivery of learning products related to IT programs and activities;
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A