As of November 8, 2021, all employees of the CRA, including new hires, are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless accommodated based on a medical contraindication, religion, or another prohibited ground for discrimination as defined under the Canadian Human Rights Act and attest to their vaccination status.
The requirement to be fully vaccinated applies to all employees and new hires, whether they are teleworking, working remotely or working on-site. This condition of employment applies to indeterminate (permanent), determinate (term), and student hiring. Should you reach the point in the staffing process where it is necessary to verify conditions of employment, there will be a requirement to complete an attestation of vaccination status.
- Analyzing, processing, and resolving files or requests from taxpayers and their representatives.
- Obtaining information from and providing information to taxpayers and representatives both verbally (on the phone) and in writing.
- Reviewing, planning, organizing, prioritizing, and working on an assigned workload.
- Reviewing and directing enquiries or issues to the appropriate area for resolution
- Participating in projects designed to enforce identified areas of non-compliance.
- Investigating, correcting, and updating various computer systems.
- Processing correspondence.
- Reviewing and directing enquiries or issues to the appropriate area for resolution.
- Researching, analyzing, interpreting, and applying legislative and regulatory provisions, policies and guidelines.
- Receiving, reviewing, analyzing, and researching taxpayer information from internal and external sources to identify and resolve taxpayer accounts requiring corrective action.
- Communicating with taxpayers and representatives both verbally (on the phone) and in writing, which includes answering inbound/outbound telephone enquiries.
- Preparing reports, letters, and other documents.
- We may use this process to fill English Essential and/or Bilingual Imperative positions
- The pool established from this staffing process may be used to staff similar positions.
- Come work for the CRA, one of the Top 100 Employers in Canada!
- Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) offers motivated individuals a challenging, interesting and diverse workplace that will help you to develop your skills and further your career advancement.
- This is an excellent opportunity for students who are looking to gain valuable work experience in a large federal organization.
- We are currently accepting applications from students with the objective of building a general student database for the NL Zone of CRA.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, public health recommendations and restrictions are in place across Canada and may change as circumstances evolve.
- You may be required to temporarily work remotely (e.g. from home). Further information will be provided if you are selected for the position.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St John’s, NL, CA
Application Deadline: N/A