The Accounting Standards Board (AcSB) serves the public interest by maintaining high-quality accounting standards for the major categories of Canadian reporting entities, contributing to a global standard-setting, and being accountable to its stakeholders.
You will be a member of a highly-skilled, energetic and committed team of professionals to advise and carry out the plans of the AcSB. Working directly with senior professionals, you will be developing accounting and financial reporting standards and other guidance for public companies, private enterprises, not-for-profit organizations and pension plans. A vital component of this role will require you to lead committees of volunteers to create accounting and financial reporting standards and other guidance and communicate with a network of educators, professional associations, international standard setters and members of the public.
As a technical expert and skilled facilitator, your leadership will bring together people and ideas, resulting in timely and high-quality standards and other guidance for the Accounting Standards Board’s stakeholders’ benefit. In this role, you will:
- Establish and nurture senior-level contacts with various stakeholder groups and other international standard setters
- Work independently to identify issues, explore alternatives, propose solutions and prepare any necessary meeting materials
- Clearly articulate the results of your work to the Chair and volunteer members of the AcSB
- Design and present webcasts and develop other communique
- A dynamic and strategic thinker with sound judgment and integrity
- Interpersonal skills that reflect your ability to perform with tact and diplomacy when dealing in group situations.
- In-depth knowledge of accounting standards
- A flair for research and preparing creative solutions to complex problems
- The ability to plan and carry out projects according to plan
- A compelling writer and presenter
- A team player
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edmonton, CA
Application Deadline: N/A