The job requires a Dispensing Audiologist/Hearing Instrument Practitioner who will assess hearing, select/recommend hearing instruments when appropriate (and/or refer when appropriate). The clinician will also provide dispensing services which includes verifying and validating hearing instrument performance
- Maintain appropriate and complete records and documentation.
- All tasks/procedures related to assessment of hearing for the purpose of dispensing hearing aids (including history taking, air and bone conduction thresholds, speech testing etc)
- Knowledgeable about all products and services related to the hearing centre.
- Escorts patients into the hearing testing facility and opens / closes doors when required.
- Committed to providing the highest level of member service.
- All tasks/procedures related to the dispensing of hearing aids (including hearing aid evaluations, recommendations, fitting, verification, validation, impression taking, shell repair and modification).
- Adhere to all infection control and privacy and confidentiality standards.
- Licenses/Certifications: Registered (or eligible for registration) with the regulatory College in your province and/or Member in Good Standing with your Provincial Association with any required licensing for practice.
- Authorized (or eligible) to provided government funded services (in provinces where it is applicable.
- Knowledge/Skills: Attention to detail and technical aptitude.
- Strong organizational and time management.
- Strong communication and counseling member service skills. Strong computer skills. Position requires a fully qualified Dispensing Audiologist or Hearing Instrument Practitioner.
- Experience: Clinical experience is preferred.
- Education/Training: Masters Degree in Audiology or Registered/Licensed Hearing Instrument Practitioner with all qualifications to dispense hearing aids in your province.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, CA
Application Deadline: N/A