Introduces Costco Business Centre to food service businesses, convenience stores and professional offices within our market areas. Develops a working relationship with these businesses. Communicates daily with current and prospective members to increase warehouse sales (walk-in and delivery) by phone, email, or in person. Provides prompt and courteous member service to all members. Uses the Cybergeneration system to track sales, activities and success of other marketing programs and initiatives. Actively promotes the Costco membership through signs-up, upgrades and renewals.
- Uses personal vehicle.
- Promotes good community relations by participating in local community events, trade shows, Chamber of Commerce meetings and local charity events as determined by the Membership Area Manager.
- Provides prompt and courteous member service. Responds to member concerns using problem-solving skills, tact and discretion.
- Comp shops our competitors to consistently gauge our position in our market area.
- Assists Membership Area Manager with formulating and carrying out the marketing and sales plan.
- Submits clear mileage records and other expense receipts for reimbursement.
- Follows safety, security and departmental procedures.
- Canvasses businesses in the warehouse sales area in person and by phone to promote membership and foster sales.
- Uses Cybergeneration (or other required CRM tool) to track all member communication and activity, including sales, sign-ups, appointments, calls, emails and Marketing campaigns.
- Assists at Membership Counter and inside marketing programs as needed.
- Assists businesses with special orders and ringing volume shopper purchases when necessary.
- Meets with business owners and assesses businesses to determine Costco products and services that offer benefit to members. Uses persuasive skills to promote walk-in and delivery sales and memberships.
- Assists members using online ordering via the website. Suggests new items, related products, and other Costco goods and services to grow sales.
- Education/Training: High School diploma or GED preferred.
- Knowledge/Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills in English are an asset. Proficient in Google/Office/PC applications (Word/Excel/Powerpoint/Google/Web), AS400, CRM and IBM Sterling. Ability to adapt to changing priorities is an asset.
- Organizational skills and an eye for detail is an asset.
- Proactive attitude with the ability to work independently are an asset.
- Permits/Licences/Certifications: Valid Driver’s licence required. Reliable vehicle with appropriate business insurance required.
- Experience: Candidates with marketing or sales experience will be given preference over other candidates.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edmonton, Alberta, CA
Application Deadline: N/A