Website City of Killeen
To manage airport facilities, real property, service contracts, and maintenance operations for a two-airport aviation system including a joint use commercial aviation airport and a general aviation airport. Ensures all airport facilities, equipment, airfield lighting, pavements, and landscaping are maintained and comply with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Defense (DOD), state, and local standards.
- Performs a variety of senior level management tasks to ensure the safety, security and appearance at both airports.
- Plans, coordinates, and administers the Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan, Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure Plan, Hazardous Material Program and the Safety/Accident Prevention Program.
- Plans, coordinates, and administers policies and procedures for maintenance on all Airport buildings, grounds, major equipment systems, utilities, and vehicles.
- Ensures all maintenance of airfield NAVAIDS, communications systems, lighting, signage, pavements, surface markings, and airfield grounds maintenance are in compliance with all FAA or UFC specifications.
- Ensures compliance with all requirements outlined in the Joint Operations Plan (JOP)
- Troubleshoots complex electrical and mechanical problems and develops solutions
- Develops and implements a preventative maintenance schedule for maintaining all airport pavement surface areas, lighting, buildings, passenger boarding bridges, baggage conveyance system, environmental control equipment and vehicles.
- Schedules all annual inspections (i.e., fire extinguishers and sprinklers, boilers, elevators, escalators, Anchor System (exterior fall protection), and backflows; implements corrective actions if any findings are noted.
- Develops new Intergovernmental Service Agreement (IGSA) packages based on opportunities that arise from Fort Hood. Ensures compliance with standards on active Intergovernmental Service Agreements (IGSA) with Robert Gray Army Airfield (minor pavement maintenance, crack sealing, surface markings, rubber removal)
- Creates Request for Proposals (RFPs) and Invitation for Bids (IFBs) for Airport projects and coordinates all work performed by tenants and contractors to ensure they conform with FAA, DOD, state, and local requirements.
- Coordinates with the Operations Division for airfield / airside maintenance to ensure compliance with
FAA, DOD, state, and local requirements.
- Coordinates with other City of Killeen departments for maintenance required, or additional equipment necessary, at the airports.
- Conducts inspections to ensure the airports are operating safely and is in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations. Corrects hazardous conditions and ensures facilities are in compliance with FAA Part 139 and DOD requirements.
- Prepares and administers the annual budget for Airport Maintenance Division for both City Airports. Ensures the Maintenance Division remains within the budget; develops solutions for problem areas noted in the monthly budget meetings.
- Administers the Airport Maintenance Division purchasing program and maintains inventory control of all airport assets. Ensures Division purchases are made in accordance with airport budget guidelines.
- Assists with the development and execution of Aviation Grants and funding programs.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations concerning the most efficient use of airport equipment and real property.
- Reacts to aviation-related emergencies and implements policies contained in the Airport Emergency
- Manages the Master Key Control program for two City Airports
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing, and, to prepare and analyze complex reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and successful working relationships.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to use tools and equipment as necessary to meet job requirements.
- Ability to effectively supervise staff.
- Knowledge of wide variety of maintenance practices.
- Skill using maintenance software applications and time management techniques.
- Working knowledge of equipment, materials, and supplies used in building, pavement, and grounds maintenance; knowledge of equipment and supplies used to do minor repairs; knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions.
- Working knowledge of heating, ventilation, and air condition systems, electrical maintenance, pavement maintenance, painting, and various small equipment operations.
Qualification & Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a degree in aviation management, business administration, public administration, or a related field; and,
- Five (5) years of facility maintenance experience; Five (5) years management experience, with preference in airfield maintenance or,
- Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Company: City of Killeen
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Waco, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A