Website City of Corpus Christi
We welcome and appreciate your interest in employment with the City of Corpus Christi. We are an equal opportunity employer; no information obtained during the recruitment/selection process is intended for any discriminatory purposes.
Airport Operations Specialist position performs airport safety inspections required for airport certification by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The inspections are a requirement for the airport to maintain its operating certificate. The position’s major objective is to ensure that the airfield is operated and maintained according to the certification requirements of the FAA. This involves monitoring all of the activities occurring on the airfield.
- Conduct inspections of the landside and terminal facilities for safety and security.
- Inspect airfield for wildlife hazards and mitigate the hazard; files appropriate FAA and Airport paperwork
- Perform wildlife control and SMS functions
- Inspect the airfield to ensure compliance with FAA Parts 139 and 77 and TSAR Part 1542
- Works with the airfield maintenance and electrical sections to ensure that the repairs and routine maintenance are within FAA tolerances
- Inspect and monitors terminal, landside and tenant leased areas for compliance with Airport rules and regulations and lease terms
- May be asked to perform other duties as assigned.
- Respond to Airport emergencies and responsible for making decisions and coordinating emergency activities as directed by management
- Monitor Airport for compliance with various Federal, State and Local Laws.
- Successful out of state candidates must be able to obtain a valid Texas driver’s license within 90 days of hire
- Requires basic math and computer skill
- Must possess or obtain a Texas Hunters License within six (6) months of hire
- Must be able to utilize airfield communication equipment and wildlife management tools
- Requires experience with Microsoft Office products
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Must be able to pass TSA Background Check
- This position requires working outdoors as well as in the office environment
- Require skills in planning for maintenance and construction that requires working with time pressures and frequent change of tasks as well as performing multiple tasks simultaneously in a noisy environment as well as responding to emergency situations
- Position requires an Associate’s Degree
- Two (2) years of related experience
Company: City of Corpus Christi
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Corpus Christi, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A