Principal Engineer application engineer role is responsible for technical leadership and delivery for the Assisted Channels area. This is a Principal engineer role which will define overall technical vision, capabilities, and road map of the managed scrum teams and application area. This leader is also responsible to work directly with the business and internal technology stakeholders to shape strategy from a technical standpoint and drive cross-functional delivery of that vision. This role builds and leads teams of engineers who are responsible for the development of critical applications that span multiple businesses.
- Provide guidance on architecturally significant efforts during the preplanning phase, and ensuring principles and best practices are followed prior to initiation of work. In doing so, closely watch and evaluate product roadmaps, including impacts to support upcoming journeys.
- Hands on leadership of all aspects technical delivery of software platforms and services supporting the applications including, technical solutions, resource management, capacity management, knowledge management, and production support. Own delivery regardless of where responsibility lies.
- Able to direct teams on how to develop and deliver systems that are efficient with resource usage such as hardware, runtime, performance, load, and memory requirements.
- Provide a long-term perspective for business and technology choices; using technical judgment to vet architecture as required.
- Publish design review extensions, and provide documented guidance aligned to sprint plans and timelines.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of the business domain, the systems, and the products in your space. Understand their accountabilities, boundaries, limitations, scale factors and the reasons behind architectural decisions.
- Responsible for broader design decisions and development of long-term strategies that significantly influence the development process and standards.
- Provide Technical leadership and drive delivery results on large-scale efforts or multiple smaller efforts. As a leader, this includes expertise with application development methodologies and standards for program design, coding, quality and implementation.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; Data driven and results-oriented.
- Capacity to develop, and maintain comprehensive set of technical plans and product roadmaps.
- Ability to adapt to shifting goals and activities and manage multiple activities in parallel.
- Required demonstrated technology proficiency:
- Hands on experience with cloud-based platforms such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Red Hat Open Shift (OSE) and Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Willingness to take risks to develop a technology in uncharted waters, ambition to set a new technical standard.
- Self-starter with the ability to define goals and strategies with minimal management oversight
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of hands-on enterprise class application experience in Java/JEE based technologies.
- Experience shaping technical products or services. Ability to provide strong technical leadership.
- Thinks strategically and also stays on top of tactical execution.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Jacksonville, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A