CIBC is a leading North American financial institution with 10 million personal banking, business, public sector and institutional clients. CIBC offers a full range of advice, solutions and services in the United States, across Canada and around the world. In the U.S., CIBC Bank USA provides commercial banking, private and personal banking and small business banking solutions and CIBC Private Wealth Management offers investment management, wealth strategies and legacy planning.
- Support all banking and customized lending solution needs identified within CIBC Private Wealth Management. Seek to become trusted advisor through regular client contact and relationship building.
- Responsible for establishing new private banking lending and deposit relationships.
- Partner with CIBC Private Wealth Management Relationship Managers and other team members to achieve ultimate approval for new business and modifications to existing business, including active participation in and adherence to requirements of pre-screen and relationship strategy meetings.
- Collaborate with peers, and mentor junior team members, as part of a team to ensure delivery of superior client service.
- Identify product/service opportunities for other business units and participates in development of creative solutions to client needs, coordinates presentations, and brings in partners when appropriate.
- Ensure banking portfolio responsibilities are completed, including portfolio reviews, past dues, renewals and collection of key financial information.
- Ensure consistency in deal structuring to bridge client needs to appropriate risk mitigation through detailed analysis and underwriting of credit.
- Responsibilities include interfacing with the Underwriting team and Credit Risk Management. Quarterback to drive deals through the underwriting and closing process.
- In addition to managing new and existing client relationships, explore opportunities to provide additional credit and non-credit services. Serve as client’s primary internal resource as it relates to lending and deposit needs.
Qualification & Experience:
- Formal credit training a plus
- Ability to apply credit expertise, and identify risk, within a specific banking industry or vertical
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment, introducing the appropriate partners and suite of investment, trust, and banking solutions to high net worth and ultra-high net worth individuals, families and institutions
- Ability to foster and maintain private banking relationships with high level of competency
- Ability to complete necessary analysis and documentation to achieve credit actions related to Private Banker’s existing portfolio (e.g., structure, waivers, and modifications)
- Demonstrated experience applying deep credit expertise, working knowledge of investment portfolios and trust solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Real Estate, Economics preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience developing and managing lending and deposit relationships with high net worth and ultra-high net worth clients
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A