AWS Cloud Map is looking for a Software Engineer to join our team in Vancouver to help us of our vision of making Cloud Map one-stop shop for discovering all resources in the cloud. Today Cloud Map team owns highly available and scalable service discovery solution that allow customers to discover their resources at runtime, define custom names for resources, and maintain updated location of these dynamically changing resources. As a foundational service that our customers take critical dependency on, Cloud Map must guarantee low latencies, world-class “five nines” of availability, and serve millions of transactions per second.
- Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
- Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to communicate ideas effectively, to listen to others’ ideas, and to collaborate to arrive at great solutions, including effective written communication skills
- At least five years’ experience designing, building, shipping, and maintaining production software as an engineer
- Demonstrated experience employing Agile practices such as Scrum and Kanban
- Ability to audit and provide constructive feedback on technical designs, code, project plans, and project execution
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A