Our platform handles a significant load of Internet traffic generated by internal and external customers that build their platforms on EC2. On any given day we use Java, Kotlin, Python, Ruby as well as various Native AWS services and Amazon-internal tools. We don’t expect you to be an expert in, or know all these technologies listed, but we do expect you to be excited to learn about them. As an experienced engineer in this team, you will play a committed role in developing high quality software designs & solutions to our often complex problems.
- We care about career growth.
- We follow a DevOps model and we try and assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a more well rounded engineer that will enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- As an Amazonian, you’ll enjoy interacting with some of the most talented engineers in our industry through breakfast talks and demos, internal communities and extensive training material that span all aspects of our business.
- Engineers in our teams have a strong sense of ownership and drive to innovate and have resounding impact in how we develop and deliver software at such a large scale.
- Our team is dedicated in supporting new team members with a welcoming inclusive approach. We are a team that strives to grow each other in our careers through mentoring.
- Our team invent, design and build software that is stable and performant.
- We write and support code that is easy to understand with solutions that are pragmatic.
- We do this by keeping a high bar in code reviews that we take seriously.
- We believe good code reviews raise quality and a mechanism to instill high standards for growth.
- This position involves on-call responsibilities.
- This is typically once every 6 weeks. We don’t like to be paged unnecessarily and we strive to keep this down and ensure our systems are fault tolerant.
- Our team values work-life balance and respect each others time.
- Analytical skills with excellent problem solving abilities
- Working knowledge of AWS products and technologies
- Someone who is comfortable working within a diverse team
- Effective written communication and verbal agility are beneficial
Qualification & Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent working experience
- 5+ years of industry experience in a software development
- Computer Science fundamentals, including data structures, object-
- oriented design, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity
- Masters Degree
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A