Are you a DevOps engineer who has hands-on experience with building, automating and operating large-scale cloud applications? Would you like to work with our customers to help them architect, develop and re-engineer applications to fully leverage the AWS Cloud? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use cloud computing to do big new things faster and at lower cost? Do you want to be part of history and transform businesses through cloud computing adoption? Do you like to work on-site in a variety of business environments, leading teams through high impact projects that use the newest application technologies? Would you like a career path that enables you to progress with the rapid adoption of cloud computing?
- As Senior Consultant you will manage projects independently and also deliver as part of larger teams in Johannesburg and Cape Town.
- You will work towards customer business outcomes, ensuring there is a strong connection between delivery activities and business objectives.
- You will own and complete key tasks and deliverables, and collaborate with others to define and implement optimal, complete solutions based on stakeholders needs.
- You will work with customers and partners internalizing their context while using your business and technical skills to design solutions based on requirements and constraints.
- As an Amazonian leader you will embrace and apply the Amazon Leadership Principles, proactively engaging other teams to learn and share, and participating actively in the recruitment and onboarding of future team members.
- Management of continuous integration servers like Jenkins, Bamboo and TeamCity
- Hands-on experience with building and managing release systems, code merging and promotion, and CI/CD workflows and tools
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN’s, DNS, load balancing and firewalls
- Understanding of microservices and distributed application architecture.
- Experience in an Architect role or similar
- 5+ years of experience as a technical specialist in customer-facing roles
- Experience with CloudFormation, Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible in production environments
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Math.
- Experience with development and automated testing.
- Strong hands-on experience with mainline programming and scripting languages such as Shell, Python, Ruby, Perl, Java, .Net, or C++
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate core DevOps concepts (CI/CD, Agile & Automation)
- Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with revision control source code repositories (Git, SVN, Mercurial, Perforce)
- Blogging or writing technical articles or contributing to an open source project for new and existing technologies or application architecture and design
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- Experience working with and delivering using Agile practices
- Experience with monitoring and log aggregating frameworks like CloudWatch, Datadog, Splunk, Opentracing, AWS X-Ray, and APM tools.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A