The Accommodation Consultant (AC) will work directly with applicants, candidates and senior leadership in providing accommodations in accordance with the Canadian Human Rights Act and other Federal and Provincial Legislation. The AC will be the primary contact for applicants and candidates as they proceed through the pre-employment accommodation process. This role will have exceptional communication and organizational skills, superior attention to detail, ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment, strong analytical and critical thinking skills, along with the customer service focus that jobseekers expect from Amazon.
- Maintain regular, reliable and timely attendance
- Provide education and consultation for applicants-candidates, employees, managers, HR and others in DLS.
- Adhere to internal SLAs and quality standards
- Direct applicant-candidates to the appropriate resources for support during the pre-employment process to ensure exceptional experience.
- Serve as an advocate for the applicant-candidate during the pre-employment process to ensure accessibility needs are met.
- Research relevant applicant-candidate information within applicant-tracking systems.
- Ability to travel as appropriate (25-50% of the time) to business client groups to conduct trainings, meet with Candidates and other key stakeholders.
- Ability to discern when to escalate complex issues to the Sr. Accommodation Consultant
- Maintain system records to ensure accurate and timely information/documentation
- Coordinate the accommodation process and provide end-to-end case management including engaging the applicant-candidate, vendors, work location and other stakeholders.
- Perform accommodation reviews to ensure compliance with provincial and federal regulations and company policy to support applicant-candidate requests for accommodation during the pre-employment and onboarding process.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to determine and finalize accommodation approval/denials.
- Consult, coordinate and partner with our third party administrators, HR, Safety, Legal, Travel, team members and other departments/systems as appropriate
- Maintain full case load that may fluctuate during periods of high volume such as peak, prime day, new site launches, staffing changes, etc.
- Must be able to communicate to French speaking employees and government agencies in Quebec
- Monitor and follow up on accommodation implementation and ensure accommodation needs are met throughout candidate lifecycle.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on the accommodations process as well as state and federal disability laws.
- Participate in other activities, projects and other growth initiatives within the DLS program
- Communicate the accommodation decision, disseminate other relevant information to the applicant-candidate, and partner with appropriate stakeholder(s) for implementation.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Evidence of ability to work with all levels of business
- Evidence of ability to build strong relationships and influence others while working in a cross functional environment
- Evidence of ability to prioritize, manage and complete work/projects with tight deadlines
- Computer operating and database management skills
- Detail orientation with ability to analyze, problem solve, organize and manage multiple priorities and excellent follow up skills in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to make accommodation decisions
- Intermediate experience working with Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- An individual in this position must have a general understanding of the Canadian Human Rights Act and other federal and provincial disability policies and laws, in addition to understanding the job accommodation processes including utilization of resources
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, growing environment with minimal direct supervision
- Strong time management and ownership of deliverables
- Qualification & Experience:
- High School diploma
- Experience in advocacy, providing consultation and education on disability issues
- 1+ years of experience managing cases or providing support to employees on disability, leave of absences, human resources, or employee relations functions
- Experience providing support to applicants/candidates during the pre-employment process
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university, or equivalent experience
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both verbal and in writing
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A