We are looking for talented students to fill a variety of exciting and challenging positions in Client Services, Collections, Audit, and Information Technology (IT) areas beginning in May of 2022. Opportunities may include full-time employment during breaks and/or part-time employment during academic terms.
- Providing explanations and/or clarification to clients over the telephone in response to enquiries concerning the filing and processing of individual tax returns
- Communicating with a variety of internal and external clients, providing information or advice
- Preparing working papers, letters, and reports to support work completed
- Providing a variety of administrative support services using various computer software programs
- Analyzing financial and non-financial information
- Providing support to new small businesses over the telephone to assist them in understanding their tax obligations
- Obtaining and analyzing information concerning adjustments to tax returns and/or explaining various social programs administered by the CRA
- Auditing taxpayers’ returns, books, records, taxpayer requests, and supporting documents to confirm and enforce compliance with the statutes administered by the CRA
- Local IT support of computing devices and clients, both in person and via secure remote access (Windows 7 and 10)
- Building of encrypted devices (workstations, laptops, tablets) to specifications for use on a secure LAN
- Be currently enrolled in a degree or diploma program and returning to studies in the Fall 2022 academic term* at a recognized post-secondary institution**
- Willingness to work shifts or a flexible schedule
- Be currently enrolled in a post-secondary program studying Computer Science, Information Technology (IT), Information Management, or relevant specialization and returning to studies in the Fall 2022 academic term* at a recognized post-secondary institution**
- Willingness to work on evenings and/or on weekends
- A recognized post-secondary institution is defined as a Canadian public or private institution that is recognized or authorized to grant degrees, diplomas, and other credentials by a public or private act of the provincial/territorial legislature or through a government-mandated quality assurance mechanism.
- The institution must be listed in the Canadian Information Centre for International Credentials.
- Students must be enrolled in a full-time program; however students enrolled part-time due to a disability recognized by their academic institution are eligible.
- Reliability/Security: Reliability Status
- Physically work from Calgary, AB
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Calgary, AB, CA
Application Deadline: N/A