Website Government of Canada
We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free work environment, starting with the hiring process. If you need to be accommodated during any phase of the evaluation process, please use the Contact information below to request specialized accommodation. All information received in relation to accommodation will be kept confidential.
- Interacting with key stakeholders at FRFIs, including members of senior management and the board of directors.
- Assessing the inherent risks and key controls that drive the risk profile at FRFIs.
- Ongoing monitoring of FRFIs involving the analysis of a variety of financial and non-financial reports, including risk reports.
- Working and liaising with various internal stakeholders, including lead supervisory teams and specialists.
- Working with external supervisory partners (national and international).
- Supporting assessments/reviews of significant activities or control functions at FRFIs.
- Identifying best practices and emerging trends.
- You know the techniques used in the measurement and management of current and emerging risks.
- You are keenly interested in contributing your expertise to promote a safer financial system.
- You are an individual with a broad financial industry and risk management perspective.
- You work well with others.
- You have in-depth knowledge of the current and emerging risks in the financial services industry.
- Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision-making.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in developing, evaluating, and/or implementing risk management frameworks used by financial institutions to mitigate risks.
- Experience in the development, implementation and maintenance of effective oversight controls in FRFIs.
- Experience in a central support function (including CSS) within financial sector regulation and/or supervision.
- Knowledge of OSFI’s Supervisory Framework.
- Knowledge of emerging regulatory risks and risk management practices in the financial services industry, and challenges experienced by FRFIs in dealing with them.
- Knowledge of current regulatory risks and risk management practices in the financial services industry, and challenges experienced by FRFIs in dealing with them.
- Knowledge of the Canadian regulatory environment in which FRFIs operate.
- Knowledge of OSFI’s Guideline E-13 and its application to both large and small FRFIs.
Company: Government of Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, CA
Application Deadline: N/A