Website Government of Canada
As per the new Policy on COVID-19 Vaccination for the Core Public Administration Including the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, federal public servants in the Core Public Administration and members of the RCMP must attest to their vaccination status. The requirement for employees to be fully vaccinated applies whether they are teleworking, working remotely or working on-site. This is a condition of employment and it applies to indeterminate (permanent), determinate (term), casual, and student hiring. Should you reach the point in the selection process where it is necessary to verify terms and conditions of employment then the hiring manager or a human resources representative will contact you in order to complete an attestation.
- Indeterminate incumbents in the IT group on December 9, 2021 who do not possess the education prescribed above, are deemed to meet the minimum education standard based on their education, training and/or experience. They must be accepted as having met the minimum education standard whenever this standard is called for when staffing positions in the IT group.
- Recent experience in electronic system performance analysis, problem analysis and documentation.
- Recent experience in troubleshooting and repair of electronic and electromechanical equipment, with emphasis on security systems (eg. intrusion detection, video, or physical access).
- Significant experience in the installation, programming and maintenance of technical equipment associated to security systems (ie. electronic access control, intrusion detection or closed circuit video.
- Indeterminate incumbents of positions in the CS group on May 10, 1999, who do not possess the education prescribed above, are deemed to meet the minimum education standard based on their education, training and/or experience. They must be accepted as having met the minimum education standard whenever this standard is called for when staffing positions in the IT group.
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot application software, hardware and firmware problems and to recommend appropriate solutions.
- Recent experience in electronic security such as software applications, networks and interface hardware.
- Knowledge of national and provincial building and electrical codes and legislation.
- Significant experience in the electronics technology field.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing.
- Knowledge of electronic security network configurations and communication protocols used in security systems and applications.
- Knowledge of electronic access control systems, intrusion detection systems and video surveillance technologies.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally.
- At the manager’s discretion, an acceptable combination of education, training and/or experience may serve as an alternative to the minimum education stated above. Whenever the minimum education is met using this alternative, it is met for the specific position only and must be re-assessed for other positions for which this alternative has been specified by the manager.
Company: Government of Canada
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fredericton, New Brunswick, CA
Application Deadline: N/A