The Inventory Analyst is responsible for ensuring the efficient and seamless flow of stock for import lines through the Distribution Centres to Bunnings stores to drive lowest cost and best service.
Led by the Inventory and Demand Planning Manager this role will work closely and collaborate with supply planners and be eager to continually identify efficiencies and improvements within business processes. Our ideal candidate will be an Inventory professional, possess in-depth knowledge of advanced mathematical and forecasting policies, be highly analytical and possess excellent communication skills.
- Develop effective forecast models based on industry trends and demand patterns
- Propose and implement solutions to improve demand forecasting accuracy
- Successfully communicate forecast and inventory estimations to stakeholders and management
- Deliver optimum inventory to ensure stock availability through the network
- Identify opportunities to meet customer demands during constrained supply
- Monitor and report on important changes in sales forecasting, budgets and business strategies
- Maintain demand planning process and systems to improve forecasting accuracy
- Address demand related issues such as out of stocks in a timely and effective manner.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a demand planning/forecasting role within a retail environment
- Strong capability with Excel (intermediate to advanced)
- Solid understanding of inventory management practices and procedures
- Strong mathematical and statistical knowledge
- Demonstrated experience influencing stakeholders to drive portfolio performance
- Ability to clearly communicate and articulate analysis performed to internal stakeholders as well as to external to suppliers
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Have strong problem solving and time management skills.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Melbourne, AU
Application Deadline: N/A