As part of the role you will be required to contribute to an “on-call” by supporting voluntary lists and, if required Formal On Call Frameworks (with a minimum 1 in 4 attendance) to support service as needed by the business. The variation of attendance (including movement to a contractual “on-call” framework) is at your first and second line manager’s discretion to support service.
- Utilising their expertise and knowledge in systems and network construction/cabling they will be responsible for the installation, construction and commissioning of transmission and switching equipment as required. Works with the wider team to support area, regional and unit objectives.
- Self-allocation and execution of prioritised work items ensuring that this is aligned with the wider team and unit’s priorities through co-ordination with patch managers and senior colleagues.
- Raising of issues/risks to more senior individual to facilitate change/
- Understanding of what is expected and proactively take opportunities to increase own skills to support the team’s work. Raises opportunities to improve the process in work area and beyond.
- Ensures all work on equipment is in accordance with documented procedures and practices as provided by BT and its suppliers; agreeing any changes with appropriate source. Works with Patch and Regional Managers alongside customers and colleagues to ensure delivery is appropriate and aligns to objectives. Takes ownership of and effectively maintains tools, equipment and PPE ensuring quality and calibration.
- Understands and effectively supports performance of assigned sites, aiming to improve overall performance and reliability, in turn contributing to team performance. Agrees appropriate actions and proactively takes ownership of these to resolve issues. Additionally responsible for supporting the implementation of assigned projects or work packages as required. Presenting and representing business data with internal/external customers as required.
- Ownership of designated patch and sites to contribute towards area, regional and unit objectives.
The right candidate must be able to fulfil the physical requirements of the role i.e. able to bend, stretch, kneel and crouch. Also must be able to climb, work at floor and ceiling level inside buildings, tower structures and road side infrastructure, lift heavy drums/cables and recognise coloured wiring.
Qualification & Experience:
- Extensive knowledge with switching equipment.
- Experience of cabling and feeders.
- Task Supervisory / Coaching experience.
- Experience or basic knowledge in RAN.
- Knowledge of BT systems (eng.com etc.).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A