This role provides world class security consultancy advice to protect BT Networks, our global customers, and UK Critical National Infrastructure, in the case of this role this extends to the Emergency Services Network (ESN), through a team of Network Subject Matter Experts. You’ll need to ensure compliance of designs across the Network domain remain consistent with the overall BT Security Architecture and Security Principles agreed at BT’s Security Council. You’ll also need to lead technical skill development of resources in the Network Security Consultancy Resource pool in collaboration with the Resource Manager to meet both Protect BT and commercial needs
- Accountable for Network Security BT Group wide across BT’s major programmes and initiative – including the Emergency Services Network (ESN) contract – ensuring security is designed into BT’s major programmes to ensure security risks are identified and mitigated through a range of controls to protect against threats up to National State actors. This includes BT’s most significant technical security risks that have brand affecting and UK Critical National Infrastructure impacts.
- Responsible for ensuring implementation of protective and detective/reactive controls to address risk identified through the life of the implementation programme, and that the controls are appropriately tested for effectiveness prior to live operation.
- Responsible for providing additional Security Consultancy coverage, where required, acting as a technical expert on security matters, when dealing with 3rd parties, suppliers and other parts of the business.
- Lead and develop specific capabilities in line with the overall Mobile Network & Services Security Design strategy, working with external professional bodies as and when appropriate as well as industry forum and UK government bodies in relation to their area of expertise where individuals may be BT’s lead representation.
- Working with the Resource Manager, ensures that technical objectives and strategy are cascaded through to the Security Consultancy Specialists and Professionals and to effectively resource their objectives through the year – reporting on the KPIs, productivity, efficiency and utilisation of their respective matrixed resource.
- Coaches the Security Consultancy Specialists and Professionals in the Security Consultancy Resource pools in their specific domain to develop the world leading skills required to meet their objectives.
- Ability to communicate at both technical and a managerial level and effective in influencing strategic direction at MD level as well as with external partners/industry.
- Strong experience in cyber security – where possible knowledge of Mobile Infrastructure security. Knowledge of HMG Security Policy Framework (SPF) and NCSC Security Framework. Security-specific qualifications such as CISSP, CISM, M.IISP, Security ALP desirable. PCI DSS implementation experience. Experience with implementing Information Security in Systems Development Lifecycle: Threat analysis, Requirements definition, Design validation, Testing. Cryptography – PKI and secure protocols, Vulnerability scanning and tools (Nmap/Nessus/Qualys).
- Able to develop security delivery plan for a major programme. Have a technical background in large scale network, IT and Cloud environments with substantial knowledge of TCP/IP and routing & switching. Understanding threats and vulnerabilities in IP networks, and applicable countermeasures, Securing routers, switches and firewalls, Firewall design, Virtual Private Network (VPN) security design and implementation.
- Demonstrable strategic thinking. Ability to coach and mentor team members to share knowledge and abilities. Management experience or a strong capability to manage and influence project and program delivery.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Birmingham,England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A