Pull up a chair and join us! Blizzard Entertainment is seeking a talented and enthusiastic software engineer to join the Hearthstone team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for improving service stability with the goal of providing the best possible experience for our players. Blizzard offers a fun, creative, and technically challenging environment with excellent compensation and a full range of benefits.
- Be part of the team responsible for Hearthstone’s online service:
- Help track down and resolve issues that occur in the live production environment.
- Help support the storage of player data in an Oracle relational database.
- Design and implement the server-side components of new Hearthstone storage features.
- Help make improvements to the team’s ability to develop and support the game.
- Champion Blizzard’s core values, especially “Gameplay First” and “Commit to Quality”.
- Strong, proven C++ programming skills.
- Strong data-structure, logic and algorithm skills.
- One or more of the following:
- Networking experience in TCP and/or UDP protocols.
- Experience working in a client/server architecture.
- Some experience interacting with a relational Database (Oracle, MySQL, etc.)
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in delivering production-level code in a professional environment.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Jose, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A