Activision Blizzard Media and King (a part of Activision-Blizzard) are building a new team to introduce innovative, impactful, and rewarding advertising experiences to our huge audience of highly-engaged players, and to create powerful marketing solutions embraced by the world’s biggest marketers. Activision Blizzard Media is seeking a Data Scientist Leader interested in pushing the boundaries of mobile games analytics and advertising performance.
- Lead the data science team in building data products powering our advertising and monetization platform
- Leverage understanding of metrics, testing methodology and business strategy to help define the roadmap of the company.
- Promote and use advanced modeling techniques (eg. reinforcement learning, time series forecasting, causal methods) to provide precise measurement of our player base
- Provide guidance and mentorship to fellow data scientists by disseminating best practices, publishing reusable tools/code and giving constructive feedback.
- Present and visualise results in a clear and concise way to senior management for decision making.
- Lead data-driven decision making by partnering with key cross-functional teams and leadership.
- Proactively identify and lead improvements to the execution of research and analytics within the Data Science team.
- An advanced degree in a quantitative field – computer science, engineering, statistics, operations research, economics, etc..
- Consistent record of leading and influencing projects using data and working with large scale data and infrastructure
- Be a subject matter expert and analysis lead for ad products.
- Can research, identify and disseminate best practices across teams in terms of tools, systems and processes.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with cross-functional audiences (e.g Product, Engineering, Business Strategy).
- You are methodological and practical; able to prioritize and assist with business requests i.e. analyzing A/B tests, strange player behaviour, complex interaction dynamics, etc.
- Ability to learn quickly and work in a fast paced, rapidly changing and collaborative environment.
- The ability to write complex SQL queries and work effectively in any functional programming language for numerical analysis purposes.
- Strong adherence to data driven development and design, with an experimental and analytical approach to product improvement..
Qualification & Experience:
- 6+ years of experience in Analytics or Data Science both as an individual contributor and managing teams
- Experience with a broad set of statistical and machine learning methods to solve and optimize critical business problems and metrics
- Prior experience in advertising data products.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Diego, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A