The Trading and Market Documentation team (TMD) within the Global Investment Operations Organization is responsible for the onboarding and maintenance of static and dynamic portfolio data that drives trade messaging and settlement. The team is also engaged in all cross-functional tasks within the broader organization which consists of Transaction Management, Derivative Operations, Securities Lending, and Corporate Actions. Candidates will also support the Market Opening documentation where there is a requirement in the given country and support a growing area in a dynamic and challenging environment on a global team that has presence in the US and UK.
- Work with global custodians and internal legal, compliance and tax teams to review and vet global market documentation for legal and regulatory requirements.
- Provide account opening time frames and ongoing status to stakeholders upon request.
- Keep apprised of, and prepare for, upcoming market regulatory changes and account renewals.
- Maintain/distribute “Nuances” in local market document; account opening/maintenance cost (legal docs/tax agents/registration cost), market structures; legal and tax (requirements/ramifications)
- Provide information and research to various Legal teams on market specific issues. Assist with questions/requests with outside legal counsel and/or custodian legal counsel. Coordinate with attorneys located in BlackRock’s various global offices to ensure marketing compliance with other countries’ regulations.
- Coordinate with fund specific authorized signatories (multiple offices) and administrative staff to procure executed documentation, additional legalization and final processing/shipping for market submission.
- Maintain e-library of current and historical fund/country specific global market account openings and maintenance documentation including all supporting legal documentation for funds and investment managers (i.e., formation documents, subscription materials, offering documents, etc.).
- Update/maintain spreadsheet of all markets requests across funds (to be done, in progress, pending market approval, on-hold, completed, etc.).
- Complete global market documentation for new fund launches, existing funds and updates to existing funds’ market accounts requiring material changes reporting for multiple BlackRock AMRS proprietary funds.
- Ability to take ownership of problems and ensure they are resolved to meet objectives, and to reject shortcuts that could compromise quality of service
- Sharp oral and written communications skills. Must be able to explain complex concepts to others.
- Ability to prioritize and structure a high volume of tasks and information to ensure deadlines are met
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Visual Basic, and SQL skills a plus
- Possesses strong research skills, rigorous attention to details, and a proactive attitude. The ability to learn independently and pick up on concepts in a timely fashion.
- Dependability and a high degree of professional motivation and genuine interest in financial services, asset management and the related regulatory environment
- An open, collegial and collaborative work-style and positive and professional demeanor
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Edinburgh, Scotland, UK
Application Deadline: N/A