BlackRock’s Global Public Policy Group supports the creation of regulatory regimes that increase financial market transparency, protect investors, and facilitate responsible growth of capital markets, while preserving consumer choice and properly balancing benefits versus implementation costs.
- Lead engagement with and presentations to policy makers, regulators, trade associations, and clients on key issues, representing BlackRock’s views.
- Research issues of critical importance to the industry and take initiative to identify/implement engagement and response strategies.
- Build and maintain networks of contacts both within BlackRock and externally with relevant stakeholders.
- Identify and monitor key U.S. public policy issues that impact investors.
- Prepare presentation materials for engagement with policymakers, regulators, and clients in order to develop deep and enduring relationships.
- Review key legislative and regulatory proposals and provide technical recommendations.
- Coordinate with others to define BlackRock’s position and engagement strategy on key issues, collaborating closely with Legal & Compliance and other teams within BlackRock to ensure alignment of views.
- Write comment letters to regulators and public policy position papers.
- Familiarity with the Investment Advisers Act of 1940, Investment Company Act of 1940, Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, Securities Act of
- 1933, Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010, and other major statutes and regulations that govern the securities industry.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Must be able to present complex concepts in a concise and understandable way.
- Strong skills in PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Strong research and writing skills; strategic and creative thinking aptitude.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple, ongoing deliverables and tight deadlines.
- Ability to clearly articulate ideas to senior internal and external audiences, including leaders within the firm, outside counsel, clients, and third-party organizations.
- Good judgment and impeccable ethics; desire to succeed in a demanding, innovative, entrepreneurial environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and J.D. from a nationally-recognized law school
- 10+ years of work experience in financial services or at a law firm with a focus on financial regulation.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A