The Global Insurance Solutions team, with the Financial Markets Advisory group, is a specialist, product agnostic investment strategy and structuring team, which focuses on insurance clients and serves the entire BlackRock platform. The team engages client businesses and portfolio managers across the whole firm to build new and innovative market leading investment solutions, and position existing BlackRock products, appropriately for our insurance clients.
- Supporting all internal portfolio management and product strategy teams, and all distribution channels across the platform, with insurance regulatory, accounting and liability expertise with a view to helping them position or design investment management products and services in a way that is appropriate for insurers
- Develop a thorough knowledge of BlackRock’s capabilities, products and services, and integrate this knowledge into analytical solutions for insurers.
- Provide analytics and marketing materials to support the asset management sales process
- Assist in asset allocation or asset-liability management engagements, for a broad spectrum of asset classes, to help inform clients’ optimal investment strategy and providing support for client advisory assignments
- Assist in designing appropriate investment and risk management frameworks, as well as help execute the implementation of the associated analytics, utilizing insurance specific considerations, including but not limited to accounting, capital, liquidity, and liability product features
- Maintain strong relationships with internal partners in the BlackRock Investment Institute (economists), Financial Modelling Group (quantitative modelers), Financial Institutions Group (client relationship managers), and relevant investment teams to drive holistic portfolio solutions for insurers to generate strong commercial outcomes.
- Understanding of the accounting, regulatory, risk management and strategic frameworks under which insurers in the region operate
- High level of integrity enabling the candidate to become a trusted partner to clients and peers
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, intellectual curiosity, and experience understanding and solving complex issues.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- 3+ years of professional experience in insurance investment strategy or related disciplines
- Professional designations such as CFA, FRM, CAIA, FSA, etc. would be viewed favorably, but not essential
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A