The Engineer performs system planning and circuit analysis of distribution circuits 69kv and below and develops remediation plans as needed; performs project engineering and project management duties in order to complete plans, designs, cost estimates, and construction of electric and gas distribution facilities with emphasis on safety, reliability, cost effectiveness, and customer satisfaction.
- Work with division team members to enhance safety, reliability, cost effectiveness, and customer satisfaction.
- Provide engineering assistance and technical support to design specialists, field engineering representatives and other Division personnel.
- Perform power quality/trouble shooting analysis for customers’ facilities.
- Plan, design, cost estimate, budget and manage projects related to new business, reliability, government highway or local road projects, system growth, and essential maintenance for the electric and gas systems.
- Meet with residential and commercial customers, architects, contractors, and other appropriate contacts to determine actions needed to fulfill customers’ requests. Provide customers with information regarding rates, lighting, wiring, NEC, and NESC code interpretations, and other service requirements and needs.
- Perform engineering and design of electric and gas extensions or modifications in response to customer service requests, including: determining the impact of additional loads on the existing electric distribution system; securing of permits and rights-of-way; and performing post-construction follow-up.
- Prepare load analysis for electric distribution substations and feeders and develop remediation plans for facilities that warrant corrective action.
- Perform work within various company computer systems, such as DOJM, MV90, EADMS, CSS, Synergy, Load Analysis, OAS , eADMS and Byers.
Must be self-starter with attention to detail and possess problem-solving, decision-making, communication, and human relation skills. Must have good analytical skills, and advanced computer skills. Must be adaptable and flexible, ability to work effectively as part of a team and also independently.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Springfield, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A