The Supervisor, Payroll is responsible for overseeing an accurate and timely payroll process and the workflow of the payroll staff.Supervises the validation and compliance of payroll data in accordance with company policies, multiple collective bargaining agreements, benefits, standard payroll principles, and multi-state statutory and federal regulations.
- Oversee the deduction records and tax status of the employees of all Ameren corporation companies
- Answer questions and advise employees with the correct interpretation of multiple union agreement rules as well as management and corporate policies.
- Run and/or coordinate creation of various payroll and timekeeping reports for leaders
- Train, develop, coach and provide feedback to direct reports.
- Ensure payroll is in compliance with company policies, multiple collective bargaining agreements, benefits, standard payroll principles, and multi-state statutory and federal regulations.
- Performs weekly, monthly, quarter-end and year-end audits.
- Utilize the HR and timekeeping systems to perform the payroll process.Administer system changes and updates to the systems, including system upgrades while ensuring the integrity of the systems.Act as a lead technical and functional resource.
- Supervise the payroll process, including planning, organizing and staffing of the Payroll workgroups to ensure the generation of accurate payrolls on a timely basis.
- Process other monthly, annual and special payments as required.
- Good leadership, organization, communication and human relations skills.
- Ability to streamline processes.
- Ability to be innovative and flexible.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to exercise judgment and work independently
Qualification & Experience:
- Five or more years of payroll, accounting, Human Resources (HR) or HR Information Systems (HRIS) experience required.
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college or university in a relevant field of study required.
- Experience with payroll processing and Ameren’s HR and timekeeping systems preferred.
- Knowledge of bargaining agreements, corporate policies and Fair Labor Standards Act preferred.
- One or more years supervisor or team leadership experience preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St. Louis, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A